Artwork by Morpheus Nag
The ChangemakerSaathi initiative aims to shed light on the incredible individuals who have dedicated their lives to making a positive impact in their communities and beyond. These remarkable souls have embarked on journeys filled with determination, compassion, and resilience, and their stories serve as a beacon of hope for us all.
Through these stories, we hope to inspire and motivate individuals around the globe to embark on their own paths of change. These leaders and changemakers have proven that a single person can indeed create ripples of transformation that reach far and wide, transcending borders and cultural boundaries.
1. The first ChangemakerSaathi of Specialsaathi is Mr. Shishir Kant Misra from Kolkata. Read his inspirational changemakersaathi story here
2. The second ChangemakerSaathi of specialsaathi is Smt. Saswati Singh. Read her inspirational changemakersaathi story here
3. The third ChangemakerSaathi of Specialsaathi is Dr.Dasaratha Rama. She is a Professor, a Home educator, Lifesmart parenting expert, a parent to a 25 year old Autistic adult. Read her inspirational ChangemakerSaathi story here….
5. The ChangemakerSaathi recognized for the November month are none other than the young guns. Since it’s Children’s Day week so we have decided to recognize the work and talent of some young and some little wonders. the 5 Changemakersaathis are-
6. The fifth ChangemakerSaathi recognized for her explanary work in the field of Special needs is Mrs. Bhuvaneshwari Kartikeyan. Read her inspirational ChangemakerSaathi story here…..
7. The sixth ChangemakerSaathi are the beautiful and strongest power couple Janice Rodrigues and Bryne Rodrigues. Read their inspirational ChangemakerSaathi story here ….
8. The seventh ChangemakerSaathi is a Lady with grit and determination The Iron Lady Indu Chaswal Founder Director Aaddit Charitable Trust. Read her inspirational ChangemakerSaathi story here….
10. Changemakersaathi centres- Destination school for special needs Children, Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan. Read the inspiring story of Hina Khan Founder and director of Destination school here…
11. We feel honored and privileged to announce our February changemakersaathi story, featuring the renowned danseuse, vocalist, scholar, and teacher, Dr. Ambika Kameshwar. She is a true artist with international acclaim, who has shared her art with people all over the world. Read her changemakersaathi story here…
12. We feel extremely honored to announce our next ChangemakerSaathi for the month of February Ms.Rashmi Handa. Read her journey featured as a ChangemakerSaathi story– “Resilient Rashmi Handa”. Read it here.
13. We feel honored and privileged to feature Subhash Chandra Vashishth as our first ChangemakerSaathi : Young leaders.
Subhash is advocating for disability rights and promoting accessibility and universal design in the built environment in India as a Cofounder of centre for Accessibility in Built Environment Foundation.
Read his story “The People’s Lawyer- Subhash Chandra Vashishth” ChangemakerSaathi: Young leaders here
14. We are thrilled to announce our Changemakersaathi for the month of March: Viji Rajmohan! Viji is a blogger, an autism advocate, and a proud mother of a 22-year-old on the autism spectrum.
Read her inspirational ChangemakerSaathi story here: https://specialsaathi.com/2023/02/27/4758/
15. We are thrilled to announce the first woman achiever of the Changemakersaathi Young Leaders- Ms. Simmi Vasu.
Read her Changemakersaathi story here, with a beautiful sketch of Simmi mam done by our extremely talented CreativeSaathi associate Morpheus Nag. https://specialsaathi.com/2023/03/07/each-day-is-a-new-dawn/
16. We, at Specialsaathi, are proud to present Sweety William and Alice William as our changemakersaathi, who have fought against all odds with an unwavering spirit of determination and resilience.
These two women have demonstrated time and again that nothing can defeat a woman’s willpower when she sets her mind to achieve something.
Read the inspirational ChangemakerSaathi story of Sweety and Alice William with story, achievements, oictures, and an audio in Sweety William voice, here..
17. We at SpecialSaathi are proud to feature Triveni Goswami Vernal our changemakerSaathi young women achiever this week, She is a special educator, independent researcher, entrepreneur, and a mother to our CreativeSaathi associate Kabir Vernal. We hope her story inspires other women to pursue their dreams and make a positive impact in the world.
Read her inspirational story
“My Journey with Autism”here https://specialsaathi.com/2023/03/18/my-journey-with-autism/
18. We at SpecialSaathi are proud to feature Dr.Gayatri Narsimhan Founder and director of Prakramika Institute of Vocational Training as the ChangemakerSaathi for women’s day series. Read her inspirational story here….https://specialsaathi.com/2023/03/25/5624/
19. We are thrilled to feature ChangemakerSaathi Special schools in Noida, which are doing exemplary work in the field of autism education. The first school we are featuring in this category is the Sunrise Learning Foundation, founded by Dr. Sonali Kataria.
Read the ChangemakerSaathi story of Sunrise Learning here- https://specialsaathi.com/2023/04/01/dr-sonali-kataria-sunrise-learning-special-school-noida/
20. We are thrilled to feature ChangemakerSaathi Special schools in Noida, which are doing exemplary work in the field of autism education. The second school we are featuring in this category is the Orane kids, founded by Ms. Sonia Jaitley. Read the ChangemakerSaathi story of Orane kids here https://specialsaathi.com/2023/04/03/orane-kidsschool-for-special-childrennoida/
21. We are thrilled to feature ChangemakerSaathi Special schools in Noida, which are doing exemplary work in the field of autism education. The third school we are featuring in this category is the Margshree Special school and therapy center, founded by Mr Praval Yadav. Read the ChangemakerSaathi story here https://specialsaathi.com/2023/04/09/margshree-special-school-and-therapy-center-noida/
22. We are thrilled to announce Ms. Padma Ramani as the ChangemakerSaathi for the month of April. Ms. Ramani is a special educator with over 26 years of experience across various geographies and is currently working as a Freelancer. Read her inspirational journey here.https://specialsaathi.com/2023/04/12/padma-ramani-storytelling-for-a-positive-impact/
23. We are pleased to announce that our Schoolsaathi awareness program was held on 10th April ’23 in collaboration with Mr. Praval Yadav, Founder and Head of Margshree Special School and under the guidance of Dr. Sonali Kataria Founder Head of Sunrise Learning Foundation.
The event took place in the campus of Satyam College of Education Noida for their BEd students. We have featured Satyam College Noida as our first changemakersaathi Campus which will inspire and motivate others to create an environment of inclusivity, respect, and acceptance. Read the full story here
24. We are thrilled to feature ChangemakerSaathi Special schools in Noida, which are doing exemplary work in the field of autism education. The next school we are featuring in this category is Nirantar Prayas Special school Noida founded by Ms. Madhuchhanda Mishra. Read the ChangemakerSaathi story here. https://specialsaathi.com/2023/04/15/nirantar-prayas-special-school-noida/
25. We are thrilled to feature ChangemakerSaathi Special schools in Noida, which are doing exemplary work in the field of autism education. The next school we are featuring in this category is Soham Learning Foundation Noida. Read the ChangemakerSaathi story here https://specialsaathi.com/2023/04/22/soham-learning-foundation/
26. We are excited to announce the newest addition to our ChangemakerSathi Young Leaders cohort, Anjana Sathyabodha!
Anjana is a Co-founder and lead Speech and Language Pathologist at Subodha, a place that provides therapy for individuals with communication difficulties.
27. We are excited to feature ChangemakerSathi story of Mr. Aditya Tiwari, a visionary and exceptional leader who has proven that motherhood is not restricted to one gender. As a single adoptive parent in India, Mr. Tiwari has set an inspiring example for all parents.
28. We are glad to feature an exclusive interview and a ChangemakerSathi story of Ms. Indrani Basu, an Autism Interventionist who has changed the face of Parent-child training programs in India. Read her inspiring story ChangemakerSaathi माँ: Indrani Basu https://specialsaathi.com/2023/05/07/changemakersaathi-%e0%a4%ae%e0%a4%be%e0%a4%81-indrani-basu/
29. As we approach Mother’s Day, it is with great honor and admiration that we announce an exclusive interview and ChangemakerSathi माँ story of an extraordinary woman, Ms. Akila Vaidyanathan, Founder and Director of Amaze Charitable Trust.
Read ” Tempered with love: Journey of Akila Vaidyanathan” https://specialsaathi.com/2023/05/13/changemakersaathi-%e0%a4%ae%e0%a4%be%e0%a4%81-akila-vaidyanathan/
30. We at SpecialSaathi feel privileged and honored to feature Ms. Merry Barua as a ChangemakerSaathi. On Mother’s Day, we want to acknowledge Ms. Merry Barua’s immeasurable contributions to the Autism community in the Indian subcontinent and beyond. She is a remarkable woman and a strong mother who has been instrumental in helping millions of individuals with disabilities and their families.
Read her inspirational story “The Revolutionary Merry Barua”
31. We announce a ChangemakerSathi माँ story of an amazing woman, Ms. Jaya Sudhakar, an Autism advocate and activist. Her son’s diagnosis urged her to seek voluntary retirement from service . She is actively involved with Forum for Autism, Nayi Disha and The Spectrum Autism.
Read ” Traversing Through Autism: A Mom’s Musings
Changemakersaathi माँ: Jaya Sudhakar
32. We announce a ChangemakerSathi माँ story of an inspiring woman, Gouri Ganti founder of the Maasi Group. Read her inspirational story here-
33. We are excited to kickstart a heartfelt celebration of Father’s Day with a heartfelt tribute to Sriram Narayan, the Founder Trustee of The Amaze Charitable Trust. Read
“Sriram Narayan: Your Smile changed the world for many Special Dads!” Changemakersaathi पिता: The Father’s day
34. We are thrilled to present Shri Umesh Sharma, a veteran Autism advocate, and the chairman of Disabled Care Foundation. Read his ChangemakerSaathi story and an exclusive interview- Umesh Sharma: Changemaker Extraordinaire https://specialsaathi.com/2023/06/11/mr-umesh-raaj-sharma-changemaker-extraordinaire/ and the interview recording https://youtu.be/NRplGus528Y
35. We are thrilled to celebrate the Father’s day with a heartfelt celebration and we are delighted to present a heartwarming, inspirational story and an exclusive interview of Debashis Paul, the esteemed author of the book titled “I have Autism and I Like to Play ~Good~ Bad Tennis.”
Read his inspiring ChangemakerSaathi पिता story
“Special needs parenting- not for the faint hearted” Authored By Debashis Paul
And the interview recording – https://youtu.be/9Awbk3xS50s
36. We have the privilege of featuring Cdr Rajendra Pawar, an ex-naval officer, in an exclusive Changemakersaathi पिता: The Father’s day special feature and in a candid interview.
Read “Cdr Rajendra Pawar – A glimpse behind the Autism Advocate“- https://specialsaathi.com/2023/06/25/changemakersaathi-by-cdr-rajendra-pawar/
Interview recording part 1- https://youtu.be/w6JlAFSfCdk
Interview recording part 2- https://youtu.be/BPUhM7gFtx0
37. We are celebrating and recognizing the extraordinary work of global leaders and changemakers from diverse corners of the world, as a part of our ChangemakerSaathi initiative, so we are thrilled to feature our first ChangemakerSaathi for the month of July-
Ms.Geeta Dalal Special Educator, Psychologist, Dyslexia Therapist, International Brain Gym, Double Doodle, Movement-Based Learning Instructor and Drum Circle Facilitator, from India.
Read her extraordinary journey- “Geeta Dalal: Empowering Minds and Transforming Lives“
And an exclusive interview
38. We are thrilled to feature Yenn Purkis
39. Joanna Grace: Pioneering Sensory Engagement and Inclusion Specialist https://specialsaathi.com/2023/07/23/joanna-grace-pioneering-sensory-engagement-and-inclusion-specialist/
40. Dr. Anila Khan Dr.Anila Khan: Empowering Autism Communities Worldwide https://specialsaathi.com/2023/07/30/dr-anila-khan/https://specialsaathi.com/2023/07/30/dr-anila-khan/
41. Tigger Pritchard: The Awesomely Autistic Changemaker Leading the Way for Acceptance and Understanding https://specialsaathi.com/2023/08/06/7891/
42. Embracing the Melodies of Life: Michael Korins’ Journey as a Musical Changemaker https://specialsaathi.com/2023/08/13/michael-kors/
43. Duncan Casburn: Aka PDA Dad: A Changemaker in Advocating for the SEND Community worldwide https://specialsaathi.com/2023/08/20/duncan-casburn-aka-pda-dad-a-changemaker-in-advocating-for-the-send-community-worldwide/
44. Lara Stanton Schaeffer
Submit your story