Dr Sonali Kataria Sirohi, a Medical Doctor, an ex-AIIMS Consultant, is the Founder of Sunrise Learning Foundation,
SLF is a non-profit Non-Government Organization, dedicated towards providing empowerment, employment, education, vocational training, inclusion and support services to children and adults with Autism and other special needs, and their families.
As of now, this organization runs several programs for families that are directed towards INDEPENDENCE & DIGNITY of persons with special needs.
Besides being a senior doctor, a social activist, an autism professional, a special-school head, a 2-times TEDx speaker and an autism parent, She is extremely passionate about INCLUSION OF DIFFERENTLY-ABLED PEOPLE (neurodiverse people) into the mainstream society by bridging gaps through INFORMATION-AWARENESS, ACCEPTANCE and CREATING INCLUSIVE SYSTEMS in health-care, educational institutions, and all public services. Currently, she is a member of the panel of doctors at IMA who are fervently involved in modifying the systems at OPD level & Hospital services, to ensure that they are more conducive for managing children & adults with autism. She is also on the advisory board panel of mainstream schools in Noida – Greater Noida – Ghaziabad & Meerut for creating inclusive set-ups for students who have unique needs.
In this journey of empowering families, she has shared the stage with Vidya Balan, Shabana Azmi, Sania Mirza, Smiriti Irani, Saima Nehwal, and been invited to Dr Subhash Chandra Show, trying to create every possible opportunity for these influential people to understand the challenges faced by special families, and working towards creating more & more INCLUSIVE SYSTEMS at a larger level.
Her recent awards & recognitions are-
• Nominated for Sofy Women’s Awards in Social Excellence category 2015 (conducted by Zee News)
• Received 19th Stree Shakti Award 2018 (Gantavya Sansthan), awarded by Shri Sunil Shastri (s/o Late Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri) for remarkable work in the field of women empowerment
• Received PNI achievers award 2018 for outstanding work in the field of empowerment of persons with special needs.
• Received International School Award 2019 at Dubai (Amity University), for phenomenal parental engagement
• Received Forever Star India Awards (FSIA) The Real Super Woman 2020 in category Doctors in Social Achievements
• Nominated for “Rashtriya Gaurav Puraskar” 2014
• National School Award 2021 (Best special School in Uttar Pradesh)
• Bharat Shiksha Gaurav Puraskar 2021 (for her outstanding performance in the field of Special Education Leadership)
• KTK FOUNDATION Education Excellence AWARD 2022 (for academic research in the field of Special Education)
• Women Leadership Award 2022 (for exemplary leadership in the field of Special Education)
- Phone Number
- Contact Address
- SD-01, Sector-116, Noida, UP-201301
- Email Address