Main SpecialSaathi Awareness Mascot
In the bustling city of Hyderabad, there resides a remarkable young artist named Kabir Vernal. Kabir, just 12 years old, primarily non-speaking and on the Autism Spectrum, possesses an extraordinary talent for expressing himself through the world of art. His journey is a testament to the power of creativity, perseverance, and the innate abilities that lie within neurodiverse individuals.
Kabir’s artistic journey began as a response to his tactile sensory needs, particularly his fascination with sticky textures. His mother, recognizing his need for stimulation and creativity, introduced him to the world of art. Finger painting became Kabir’s gateway to self-expression and the world of colors.
In the early stages, Kabir was encouraged to engage in free play with colors. With no predefined direction, he was allowed to explore his imagination. This freedom to express without boundaries was crucial in nurturing his creative spirit. Kabir’s art quickly evolved into a unique blend of abstract expressionism, abstract floral art, and process art, driven by his love for various textures and inspired by the natural world that surrounds him.
Kabir’s artistic journey challenges the conventional notion of art, where representational or figurative art often takes center stage. His work illustrates that there are countless forms of art, and a neurodiverse mind possesses a special perspective on colors and textures. Abstract expression through colors flows naturally for him, and this unique ability is something that should be celebrated.
Kabir is growing up to be an inquisitive and curious individual, with a mind of his own. Visual art has proven to be a medium through which he has been able to express himself quite beautifully. Kabir enjoys the process of creating art, often choosing the colour palette and the subject of his art. His artwork styles include abstract expressionism, abstract floral art (with loose brush strokes) and process art. He enjoys playing with various textures. Kabir loves spending time outdoors amidst nature and his art is greatly inspired by Nature and his natural surroundings. He is presently home schooled.
Exhibitions and Recognition:
Kabir’s artwork has not only touched the hearts of those around him but has also garnered recognition in the broader art world. His creations have been featured in several national and international art exhibitions, where he has received prizes for his distinct style. His artwork is not just a testament to his talent but also a celebration of the neurodiversity that enriches our world.
Kabir shares his art with a global audience through social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram. His work is available for sale on the Atypical Advantage website, which aims to generate livelihood opportunities for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs). Kabir’s participation in international virtual exhibitions further extends his reach to art enthusiasts around the world.
Awards and Achievements:
Kabir’s talent shines brightly in the array of awards he has received. Notably, he was a joint second-place winner in the Junior category of the Indian Art Carnival, Season 2, and a gold medalist in the 27th Star Future Artist virtual art exhibition. His unique artwork has received recognition in international competitions, earning him certificates of excellence and the Nandalal Bose Award.
As Kabir continues to explore the world of art and contribute to the broader conversation on neurodiversity, his future is filled with immense potential. With each brushstroke and color palette selection, he is breaking barriers and proving that art transcends boundaries.
Kabir’s journey is not just about creating beautiful art; it’s a testament to the limitless possibilities that exist within each individual, regardless of their unique abilities. His story is an inspiration for all of us to embrace and celebrate the diverse perspectives and talents that enrich our world.
Kabir Vernal’s SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS:
SOLO ART EXHIBITION:
His first Solo Art Exhibition was held between 16th and 19th September, 2023 at Arpana Fine Art Gallery, Siri Fort Institutional Area, New Delhi
PARTICIPATION IN NATIONAL ART EXHIBITIONS:
1) National Talent Hunt in Art for Youths: 5th Edition, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Kaladan Art Gallery, Pune, May 6-8, 2022
2) Maqaam- National Art Exhibition, Arpana Fine Art Gallery, New Delhi, July 17-21, 2022
3) Beyond Limits 2022: National Level Annual Exhibition of artworks made by artists with Disabilities, Family of Disabled, Arpana Fine Art Gallery, New Delhi, December 2-10, 2022
4) Safar-e—Maqaam, Group Art Exhibition, Arpana Fine Art Gallery, New Delhi, February 25-27, 2023
5) Soch ke Rang, An Inclusive Art Show and Fundraiser, Soch Autism Society Punjab, Jalandhar, April 3, 2023
6) Views from Planet Autism, Group Show, Action for Autism, Open Palm Court Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, April 11-13, 2023
7) Soch ke Rang, An Inclusive Art Show and Fundraiser, Soch Autism Society Punjab and The House of Labels, Amritsar, April 22, 2023
8) Art Connects: A Visual Exploration of Autism, April 28 (for two weeks) 2023, at National Gallery of Modern Art, Jaipur House, New Delhi
9) Soch ke Rang, An Inclusive Art Show and Fundraiser, Soch Autism Society Punjab, Chandigarh, May 28, 2023.
10) Beyond Limits 2023: National Level Annual Exhibition of artworks made by artists with Disabilities, Family of Disabled, Arpana Fine Art Gallery, New Delhi, October 20-27,2023 (to be held)
11) Creative Kids 2023,National Level Art Exhibition, Kalanirvana International Art Gallery, Bhubaneshwar, November 11-26, 2023 (to be held)
PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL ART EXHIBITIONS
International Art Competition “The Future”, curated by Janaritta Armooti and the Embassy of India, in Amman, Jordan, December 2023 (to be held)
PARTICIPATION IN INTERNTIONAL ART EXHIBITIONS (Virtual)
1) 6th Edition of My Dream World Child Artists’ International Art Exhibition, 2022
2) 1st edition of online International Exhibition of Iranian and Indian artists, March 2023 (organized by MahZad Art Gallery, Ronisa Art Group, Tejashree Creations Institute)
3) Artistic Genesis 2023 organized by Picasso Art Contest
PARTICIPATION IN NATIONAL ART EXHIBITIONS (Virtual)
1) Top 10 Child Artists 2023, April 9-May 9, 2023, Tejashree Creations and Kalanirvana International
2) 27th Star Future Artist, organized by Manikarnika Art Gallery, June 23rd to July 2nd, 2023
3) Indian Art Carnival, Season 3, 2023
WINNER IN ART CONTESTS:
1) In the Under 18 category, Kabir’s Art “Pincushion” won Third Place in the Art of Autism Women’s History Month Contest, 2022 (https://the-art-of-autism.com/the-art-of-autism-announces-winners-of-womens-history-month-art-contest/)
2) In the 6th Edition of My Dream World Child Artists’ International Art Exhibition (Virtual), Kabir won a Certificate of Excellence for “Spontaneous Work”, 2022
3) Kabir won a Joint Second Place in the Junior category of an online Art competition (Indian Art Carnival, Season 1, 2022)
4) Kabir won a Joint Second Place in the Junior category of an online Art competition (Indian Art Carnival, Season 2, 2023)
5) Kabir was placed in the Top 10 (for Colour Style & Texture) in the Top 10 Child Artist International Virtual Art Exhibition, April 9-May 9, 2023, Tejashree Creations and Kalanirvana International. The virtual art exhibition had around 30 child artist participants from India, Iran, UAE, USA, UK, Hongkong, Sri Lanka and Turkey.
6) Kabir won a Gold medal, in the Junior Artist Category of the 27th Star Future Artist, in a Virtual art exhibition organized by Manikarnika Art Gallery, June 23rd to July 2nd, 2023.
7) Kabir won an award as a Silver Artist in a virtual International art contest, Artistic Genesis 2023 organized by Picasso Art Contest.
8) Kabir won the Nandalal Bose Award in the Junior group for ‘Outstanding Artwork’ in the Indian Art Carnival, Season 3, 2023
• Kabir’s Art is Sold via the Atypical Advantage website:
**Atypical Advantage is India’s largest integrated platform for generating livelihood for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs)
• In 2022, he was selected (with other artists in Hyderabad) to paint the façade of the Pepperfry Studio in Banjara Hills, Road no. 12, by Atypical Advantage, for Diwali.