Designer – Yuvaan is an energetic and a happy 5+ year old child studying in grade 1. • He loves his academics, coloring, computers, maths, reading books and writing stories. • He loves visiting new places, and leisure activities like swimming, running and playing • He’s amongst the top rankers in Genius Cerebrum International Olympiads of all the subjects. • He has bagged number of awards, certificates and medals in academics, sports and co-cirruclar activities. • He is a self learner.
Changemakersaathi Special school and therapy center for special needs children in Noida, Delhi and NCR region.
Orane Kids, School for Special Children, Sector 72 Noida, has been making remarkable progress in the field of special education since its inception. We believe in the worth, dignity and unique character of the individual. The school strives to provide quality education and training to its students, where learning is limited only by the ability of the learner.
Here are some of the notable achievements of the school:
1. Cohesive Education: Orane Kids actively involves networking and a comprehensive trans-disciplinary team approach with reference to identification and diagnosis of ASD. The school facilitates an embracing, therapeutic, supportive and psycho-educational environment which operates in cohesion keeping in mind the student, parent and social bonding that forms an integral part of our education.
2. Multidisciplinary Team: The school has a dedicated team of experienced professionals, comprising special educators, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and behavior therapists, who work together to deliver personalized learning programs for each student. Members of staff at Orane are trained in internationally-recognized methods such as TEACCH, etc. to incorporate visual and verbal stimuli and enhance their interactive cross curricular learning programmes.
3. National Open School (NIOS): Orane Kids is one of the few special schools which designs Individualised Education Plan, tailor made to the child’s learning style. The school has a well-equipped sensory room, and other therapeutic tools to provide Occupational Therapy that caters to sensory needs and other motor skill development of the students. The school also provides Speech Therapy as per the child’s needs and requirements. Some of our children have appeared for the National Open school exams and since inception we have had three batches successfully clearing the National Open School Exam of Grade 3 & 5 respectively.
4. Inculcating Life Skills: The curriculum of Orane Kids is not limited to academics but also focuses on the holistic development of children; imparting life skills, social skills, pre-vocational and vocational training to the students. The vocational centre Sai Yogya equips our young adults and adults for vocational training and life skills. Products made by these young adults have been showcased in MNC’s like HCL and Nagarro Software and were a huge success in Diwali Fairs and Durga Puja Fairs. Social clubs like Inner Wheel and Rotary Club have recognised our efforts and supported the cause with donations and guidance.
5. Respite Care & Day Care: Orane respite care provides a home away from home for our young children. During the times when going to that meeting or family wedding is inevitable or if there is a medical emergency in the family, we provide day care and respite care to your child. Under the care of competent staff, the children are provided home cooked food and actively involved in various activities.
6. An All-Round Development Centre: At Orane we have always believed in overall development of the children. The children participate in almost all sports competitions held in Noida and Delhi. Preparation for these events go on throughout the year. Yoga is a part of the regular curriculum. The children are also taken to various outings to develop their social skills and as a part of our training in making this world all inclusive. Our Carnival is one such event which is thrown open to the public and all the special schools in Noida.
7. Annual Events: Orane Kids has provided differently abled children and adults across India a unique platform to share their skills and celebrate them together by hosting online Gardening and Cooking competitions for them. The Super Special Chef Contest over 2 seasons has witnessed over 100 entries every year from differently abled individuals sharing videos and then cooking live online. The Super Special Gardener Contest had our special participants come up with amazing gardening skills, live for the viewers online.
8. The Lockdown Challenge: The Covid lock down situation saw Orane at the forefront with various webinars on different topics not only in training parents but also encouraging fellow parents too. Online therapy be it speech, Occupational Therapy or special education was also some of the major initiatives we incorporated.
Orane Kids School, has been doing commendable work in empowering children with special needs and providing them with equal opportunities to thrive as we believe in the worth, dignity and unique character of every individual. An initiative founded and managed by parents of autistic children, Orane Kids strives to support every special individual and their parents with love, learning and warm guidance.
Team Orane Kids
Artwork for the ChangemakerSaathi story is done by our extremely talented CreativeSaathi associates Morpheus Nag and Dhairya Kumar Pal
A video blog by Pinki Kumar on teaching feelings and emotions to our kids.
Author Pinki Kumar
Pinki is a special educator, play therapist and a mother of a neurodivergent kid. She has a YouTube channel Play and learn to teach different methods and strategies. These videos are a great resource for the parents to help their child learn various skills.