A video blog by Ramya @simpleathomeclub on some interesting board games and educational activities on shapes, colors and sizes.
I am named Ramya, would love to be called mom from my 13 year old son. Certified in various streams and last year remedial too.
@simplyathome YouTube channel was created to have my sanity and to support other caregivers of kids in spectrum who are aware of what needs to be done, but stagnant like I have been on the “how to’s” break down the process.
This is my small way to give back to community by sharing all that I attempt at home. Home is where values embed and home is the first school for each of us.
A video blog by Pinki Kumar on teaching our children sentence making using Microsoft Word on computer.
Author Pinki Kumar
Pinki is a special educator, play therapist and a mother of a neurodivergent kid. She has a YouTube channel Play and learn to teach different methods and strategies. These videos are a great resource for the parents to help their child learn various skills.
FINANCIAL PLANNING FOR SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILIES SERIES – BLOG 5
Continuing with my series, “Financial Planning for Special Needs Families”, in today’s blog I have discussed in detail Deduction under Section 80U of the Income Tax Act, 1961 for Disabled Persons.
– What is this benefit under Income Tax Act, 1961? This benefit is in the form of a deduction from the taxable income.
– Who can avail the benefit under section 80U of the Income Tax Act, 1961? This benefit is available to
Resident Individual who is at any time during the financial year certified by the prescribed medical authority to be a person with disability
– What is the amount of deduction? – Amount of deduction-
**This is a standard deduction on the basis of eligible disability + No condition of payment, etc.
– What are the disabilities eligible for deduction under section 80U?
o Autism o Celebral Palsy o Blindness o Low Vision o Leprosy cured o Hearing impairment o Locomotor disability o Mental retardation o Mental illness
– What document is needed to claim this deduction? A valid certificate from a medical authority.
– Which medical authority issues this certificate ? o A Neurologist with MD in Neurology o For children, a Paediatric Neurologist having an equivalent degree o A Civil Surgeon or Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of a govt Hospital
– Is the deduction available to NRIs? No
– Whether filing of Income Tax Return mandatory to claim this deduction? Yes
Hope, I have been able to help you understand this deduction clearly. However, for any other information or clarification., feel free to get in touch on WhatsApp number +91 9910353219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shivani Lohia is a Chartered Accountant by profession and mother to 8 years old child on the autism spectrum. The cause of autism awareness is very close to her heart and she strongly believes in equal education for all & strongly advocates inclusion. She has been homeschooling her son since he was 5 years old.
Creative representation for this blog is done by our extremely talented CreativeSaathi associate Morpheus Nag